Members and Families of Youth Singers, help us reach our
Annual Giving Goals…
Did you know your tuition fees, bingo work, and your volunteer efforts cover only about 60% of what it takes to produce the Youth Singers program. The remaining needs are met through donations and grants. On top of this annual goal, we need $250,000 to complete funding for the development of The Performing Arts Youth Centre.
There are many ways you can help us reach our goal this year:
- Become member of Viva la Musica, our monthly giving plan. $10 per month is all it takes.
- Many employers will make a donation in honour of your volunteers hours. Does yours? We can help you check.
- “I was here!” Put your name on the Musical Mural in Studio A by purchasing a Note or Star. We are working on a great new name display. (Forms can be found on the rack in the lobby)
- Make a donation and get a tax receipt. Youth Singers is a CRA registered charity.
- Does your employer match your donations? Many do. Please take the time to apply for these generous opportunites.
- Support our events such as Hearts 4 Arts – see below for more details.
HEARTS 4 ARTS
Check out this short video advertising our amazing Hearts 4 Arts raffle and share it with your friends via email, Facebook and Twitter!
There’s only one more week to get your ticket. With one of 6 unbelievable prizes guaranteed to be won, what will YOU choose:
- $ 5,000 gift card for Holt Renfrew.
- $ 5,000 gift card for Harry Rosen.
- Trip to Barbados including return airfare for two and a five night stay at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion. Retail value – $ 8,525.
- “Fighter Pilot for a Day” package including return airfare for two, three nights hotel stay at any participating Hyatt Hotel, and a rental vehicle. Retail value – $ 4,850.
- Trip to Paris, France including return airfare for two, five nights deluxe double occupancy accommodations at either Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel or Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, and a six day Paris Museum pass. Retail value – $ 7,700.
- Trip to Las Vegas for May 26 through May 28, 2012. The trip includes four return airfares, two nights’ accommodations with four rooms at the MGM Grand, and four premium tickets to the UFC match. Retail value – $ 5,600.
Two subsidiary prizes :
$ 1,500 Holt Renfrew gift card.
$ 1,000 Harry Rosen gift card.
VOLUNTEER For HEARTS 4 ARTS
Volunteer for Set Up – Sat. February 11th 10am – 5pm
Our Hearts 4 Arts Valentine’s Gala will need plenty of set-up and decoration help at the Metropolitan Centre (at 333 4 Avenue Southwest) for this wonderful event. If you’re able to come for all of this time or even for just a part of it, we would love to hear from you! Email Ian to volunteer.
BRING A FRIEND RECRUITMENT PROGRAM
We are accepting new singers for most divisions for 3 more weeks only! If you know of anyone who would like to join, have them come as a visitor and/or check our website for more information. www.youthsingers.org
EVENTS COMING SOON
FEB 11 - STEP IT UP Dance Classes
Come out for some JAZZ, HIPHOP & LYRICAL/CONTEMPORARY Dance!
Click here to download the form.
FEB 11 - Hearts 4 Arts Gala – Metropolitan Centre
FEB 12 - SECOND CHANTS Workshop – Studio B 12-5
FEB 24-26 - Weekend Workshop – For KIDZXPRESS, JUNIOR HI, SENIOR HI & ACT3
MARCH 3 - SHINE & ONCUE Spring Showcase – Wright Theatre at Mount Royal University at 7pm
Tickets are $20 for adults & $15 for students and seniors. ALL tickets need to be sold in advance, there will be no sales at the door.
Click here for an order form or call us at 403-234-9549.
YSC with the assistance of Calgary Foundation has launched a new comprehensive program STAR (Special Talents in Arts & Recreation), tailored to the abilities of young people with special needs; specifically cognitive delays. We are currently accepting registrations. Classes are held on Mondays at 6:30pm – 7:45.
Please help us get the word out about this amazing division by downloading our flyer and passing it on to anyone you think would be interested.